RI-TE, Lda. is a Portuguese startup, spin-off from the University of Aveiro, whose main activity is the R&D of systems and instrumentation for radiation detection and imaging.
Current efforts are focused on a preclinical PET scanner with an intelligent acquisition method that allows a dramatic reduction in the number of radiation detection cells, resulting in a much lower manufacturing cost, while achieving great imaging performance, with high spatial resolution and uniformity.
Our mission is to DEMOCRATIZE ACCESS TO PET TECHNOLOGY, making it affordable to:
- Biomedical research centers performing preclinical small animal imaging research (e.g. tests of new drugs and therapies for cancer or neurodegenerative diseases);
- Universities and Health Technology Schools teaching and training nuclear medicine professionals.
Highly qualified and experienced team
RI-TE offers world-class PET technology products for any institution in the fields of Nuclear Medicine, Radiopharmacy, Medical Imaging and associated instrumentation.
EasyPET is a new concept for PET imaging. Its simplicity allows overcoming the main barriers to the adoption and use of preclinical PET technology: high complexity and cost.
With our experience and knowhow of radiation detection and imaging we can help you with your challenges and have a positive impact on your projects.
Trust in our expertise for:
- Detectors Development;
- Design, evaluation, repair and upgrade
Exclusive solutions in:
- Radiation detectors and data acquisition;
- User interface;
- Image reconstruction and processing;
- Computacional simulations of radiation imaging systems.
RI-TE provides services in:
- Radiation detection and imaging field;
- Biomedical engineering subjects;
- Project management;
- Technical reporting,
- Intellectual property, etc.
RI-TE can offer you the best solutions!
RI-TE team participated in ANJE (Portuguese National Association of Young Entrepreneurs) Startup Accelerator Program in 2015, being awarded with an installation prize.
RI-TE has been funded by the European Union (ERDF) to lead the execution of R&D project "EasyPET", in co-promotion with the Portuguese Universities of Aveiro (UA) and Coimbra (UC).
RI-TE won the HealthTech category of Venture Cup Portugal national startup competition (Porto, June 30) and participated in the University Startup World Cup 2017 (Copenhagen, September 18-22).
RI-TE is participating and exhibiting at Web Summit 2017 (Lisbon, November 6-9).
Fill out your information below and we get in touch with you as soon as possible.